CSL Limited (ASX:CSL; USOTC:CSLLY) today announced a reported net profit after tax of $1,810 million (1) for the 6 months ended 31 December 2020, up 44% on a constant currency (CC) (2) basis.
This result reflects:
- Solid growth in our core immunoglobulin portfolio led by HIZENTRA®
- Successful transition to own distribution model in China
- Strong growth in the leading HAE product HAEGARDA®
- Exceptionally strong performance by Seqirus
- CSL’s diversified portfolio and resilient business model in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic
- Full financial recognition of contracted income for UQ (University of Queensland, AUS) COVID vaccine in first half, after program termination
Read about our CSL 2020/2021 Financial Half Year Results as well as the ASX announcement on CSL.com.
1 All figures in US dollars unless stated otherwise
2 Constant currency (CC) removes the impact of exchange rate movements, facilitating comparability of operational performance. For further details please refer to CSL’s Financial Statements for the Half Year ended December 2020 (Directors’ Report).
« I am pleased to report a strong result in an unprecedented time of uncertainty during the most severe pandemic of our lifetime. »Paul Perreault, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of CSL